- The bandage was wound around the wound.
- The farm was used to produce produce.
- The dump was so full that it had to refuse more refuse.
- We must polish the Polish furniture.
- He could lead if he would get the lead out.
- The soldier decided to desert his dessert in the desert.
- Since there is no time like the present, he thought it was time to present the present.
- A bass was painted on the head of the bass drum.
- When shot at, the dove dove into the bushes.
- I did not object to the object.
- The insurance was invalid for the invalid.
- There was a row among the oarsmen about how to row.
- They were too close to the door to close it.
- The buck does funny things when the does are present.
- A seamstress and a sewer fell down into a sewer line.
- To help with planting, the farmer taught his sow to sow.
- The wind was too strong to wind the sail.
- After a number of injections my jaw got number.
- Upon seeing the tear in the painting I shed a tear.
- I had to subject the subject to a series of tests.
- How can I intimate this to my most intimate friend?
Why The English Language Is So Hard To Learn
In this humorous Grammar.com article you'll find a couple of examples that would provide self-explanatory reasons of why the English language could sometimes be so difficult ;-)
- 1,929 Views
Have a discussion about this article with the community:
Use the citation below to add this article to your bibliography:
"Why The English Language Is So Hard To Learn." Grammar.com. STANDS4 LLC, 2020. Web. 30 May 2020. <https://www.grammar.com/why_the_english_language_is_so_hard_to_learn>.